Edison to Cut Executive Bonuses Over Eaton Fire
Southern California Edison said a half-dozen senior executives at the utility and its parent will lose an estimated $2 million in bonuses because of the Eaton fire near Los Angeles. The company previously said its electrical equipment most likely caused the blaze that killed 19 people and destroyed more than 9,400 buildings in Altadena, though California officials have not formally determined the cause.
The cut marks only the second time Edison's compensation committee has reduced executive pay over a wildfire; after the 2018 Woolsey fire some executives lost their entire bonus. Edison began informing employees on Wednesday, the same day Edison International reported 2025 results, earning $4.5 billion last year, up from $1.3 billion a year earlier.
About half of the reductions will come from the pay of Pedro J. Pizarro, president and chief executive of Edison International, and he said he supported the decision.
United States, Altadena, California
edison international, eaton fire, altadena, pedro pizarro, executive bonuses, compensation committee, wildfire, woolsey fire, electrical equipment, earnings